With the increasing hostilities of the Atomic / Morlock site wars, I decided to strike a decisive blow by fixing up a number of SEO issues on my site. As I’m not quite up to being W3C compliant, I just fixed issues found by the Microsoft SEO Toolkit previously mentioned. Tonight when I started, I had 617 total violations. As of now, I’m down to 35. The majority of the issues were fixed doing the following:
- Putting alt tags in all of the images. There are still a few stragglers but most of them are fixed.
- Putting meta descriptions on all of the pages.
- Putting h1 tags on all pages.
- Making sure links to my home page are all made as http://chrisrisner.com (previously some of them had meaningless attributes).
- Limiting the lengths of some title pages.
- Planning more destructive scans of AtomicInternet’s site.
At some point in the future, I’ll probably continue my attempt to make my site even more Stuck-Up Designer Friendly! But don’t worry all of you standards nazis, even if my site is compliant, it will most likely always look like crap!
Time to move to wifi hacking!
to bad "alt tags" only count for IE and not across all browser platforms. You'll also need to add some (title="morlock") tags.
All titles should equal Morlock