With the increasing hostilities of the Atomic / Morlock site wars, I decided to strike a decisive blow by fixing up a number of SEO issues on my site. As I’m not quite up to being W3C compliant, I just fixed issues found by the Microsoft SEO Toolkit previously mentioned. Tonight when I started, I had 617 total violations. As of now, I’m down to 35. The majority of the issues were fixed doing the following:
- Putting alt tags in all of the images. There are still a few stragglers but most of them are fixed.
- Putting meta descriptions on all of the pages.
- Putting h1 tags on all pages.
- Making sure links to my home page are all made as http://chrisrisner.com (previously some of them had meaningless attributes).
- Limiting the lengths of some title pages.
- Planning more destructive scans of AtomicInternet’s site.
At some point in the future, I’ll probably continue my attempt to make my site even more Stuck-Up Designer Friendly! But don’t worry all of you standards nazis, even if my site is compliant, it will most likely always look like crap!